Our premium decals are produced on high-end professional printers (CMYKW LED machines) using high quality medium.
All the colours have an underlayer of white ink, they are therefore not translucent and will stay vibrant against any paint schemes.
Each sheet is comprised of:
- 4x 10mm decals
- 12x 8mm decals
- 21x 6mm decals
- 24x 5mm decals
- 30x 4mm decals
- 45x 3mm decals
How to get the best out of our waterslide decals
The optimal preparation of the mini depends on the type of decals you have purchased from us:
- Standard decals on clear paper/substrate: if applied on a dark surface or if you want to make sure it “pops”, first apply a coat of white paint where the decal is meant to go on the mini (we recommend using a white acrylic pen)
- Standard decals on white paper/substrate : no need to apply a white undercoat on the mini as the decals are fully opaque. You need to cut them very precisely, however.
- Premium decals with white ink underlayer: they can be applied to any paint scheme, even dark ones, without a white undercoat on the mini. They can also be cut loosely around the shape as the substrate is clear.
- Cut it from the sheet
- Soak it in water until you can slide it from the backing paper with your finger but not so much as it detaches by itself from the paper; if you leave it in water for too long the starch substrate dissolves too much and the decal loses its integrity
- Transfer the decal from your finger onto the mini
- Use a cotton bud (or QTip) to adjust the decal precisely in position and remove the excess water
- Once the water is mostly evaporated but the decal is still moist, dab it carefully (and orthogonally) with a QTip soaked in Microsol solution to "melt" the decal in place
- Let it dry
- Optionally (if you have applied a white undercoat), touch up the paint job around the decal
- Finally, spray a clear coat of varnish
Sep 25, 2023
Alles Super! Nur zu empfehlen.
Aug 24, 2023
Item looks great! Expectations met.